Tuesday 8 July 2014

Life drawing June 2014

So..... I have been pretty busy this month. One big change was the switch from Mars Staedler Graphite to Conté Pierre Noire charcoal. The Conté gives some really dark blacks but similarly to the Staedler Mars 7and 8B you can't really erase it so you need to be really confident in your work.

It is great on Newsprint paper though especially to quickly darken backgrounds which I might have overdone.







The three following drawings were done at the Candid Art drop in class in Angel at lunch. Since I have some time off, I have decided to attend as many life drawing classes as possible.









This was a friday long pose class. I still can't pick the right colours but I still feel I am progressing.

I keep practicing sketching once in a while and always have a sketchbook handy.
Starbucks patrons












2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nolwenn!!!

    Bon ils sont un peu vieux mais effectivement il y en a des pas mal ;-)

    Il va falloir que je rajoute mes derniers dessins. Je poste en general en premier sur Instagram http://instagram.com/oliveuktoon

    Avec 3 ou 4 ateliers de nu par semaine je commence à m'ameliorer ;-)

    ReplyDelete